Wigs for Well-Being
Need help paying for your wig or hair piece during or after cancer treatment?
We may be able to help.
Who is Eligible?
Wigs for Well-Being was created by The Salon at 10 Newbury’s owner, Patricia Wrixon to assist people who may not be able to afford the out of pocket costs related to wigs and hair pieces related to an unexpected hair loss.
You may be eligible for this program if you answer yes to each of the following questions:
- My household income is below 400% of the federal poverty level (FPL)
- I have been diagnosed with cancer
- I have or expect to have hair loss as a result of my treatment
- I have a doctor order or referral for a wig or hair piece
- My insurance does not pay for wigs and hair pieces /I cannot afford the out of pocket costs to purchase a wig or hair piece
How the Program can help
If approved for the program, all expenses related to the hair loss consultation, cap fitting and delivery of the wig or hair piece is covered by the program.
What to expect once approved
The services listed are covered by the program:
- Initial Consultation (approximately 1 hour consultation with a hair loss specialist at The Salon 10 Newbury)
- Second Visit: (approximately 1 hour appointment at The Salon 10 Newbury to select your cut and style. You will leave the appointment with your wig or hair piece.
- Optional Follow up Visit: you can return to the salon with your wig or hair piece to review care instructions, modify the haircut or style, and make any final adjustments.