Save Money on Medications
What if I Have Insurance?
Anyone can use the card, but it can't be combined with insurance. You can use the card instead of insurance if:
- A drug isn't covered by your insurance
- The insurance has no drug coverage
- There is a high drug deductible
- There is a low medicine cap that has been met
- The card offers a better price than your copay
- You are in the Medicare Part D donut hole
The card can't be used to lower a copayment.
What Drugs are Covered?
The card is good for prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines and medical supplies if written on a prescription blank, and pet prescription medicines purchased at a pharmacy. You'll save on most, but not all, prescriptions.
Go to www.needymeds.org for more information on the drug discount card and other programs to help with the costs of health care.