Genetic Testing Voucher Program
Our Genetic Testing Program was created to assist patients who have health insurance, but cannot afford the co-pay or out of pocket costs for testing hereditary cancer. This program may help you pay for your test(s).
You could be eligible if:
- You are a Massachusetts Resident.
- You have health insurance (including Medicaid & Medicare and other state or federal programs).
- You have a household income below 400% of the federal poverty level. (http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty)
- You have a referral or doctor order for a genetic test. Your healthcare provider or genetic counselor will know if you meet the medical criteria for the test(s).
- IMPORTANT: You must submit your application for funding prior to sending your blood sample to the lab.
Apply now by clicking below!
How much will I have to pay for my test?
The Cancer Resource Foundation, Inc. (CRF) is a nonprofit 501(c)3 public charity that receives funding from many sources. Our goal is to help as many people as possible. We review each application on a first-come first-served basis. The cost for each test varies. The “out of pocket” costs vary as well. We can provide a genetic testing voucher to qualified individuals. The voucher is valid for tests and labs identified in our system. Once you receive a voucher, you will not be billed for any portion of the test(s) you have been approved for. The lab will work with your insurance company to insure that your share of costs are covered 100%.
Complete your application today.
Are you a Genetic Counselor or Healthcare Provider in Massachusetts that wants to help your patients?
Are you a Genetic Counselor or Healthcare Provider that wants to help your patients?
If you are a Healthcare Provider or Genetic Counselor YOU MUST REGISTER on 1SourceApp BEFORE starting an application for your patient.
You ONLY register ONCE.
STEP 1. Go to patientassistancelinkplus.org and click “Get Started”
STEP 2. Select Healthcare Provider/Genetic Counselor and click the “Get Started” orange box
STEP 3. Complete user agreement
STEP 4. Complete your information and create a unique username & password to access the in the future. (Notifications are provided by email)
STEP 5. Complete information related to your practice and certification. It should take approximately 5 minutes
YOU are now Registered! (Save your username and password in a safe place. You will need it to access 1SourceApp to check the status of applications or complete an application on behalf of a patient.)
STEP 1. Select “Begin Application” (You will first be required to “Search for an application ” to determine whether the applicant exists in the system)
STEP 2. Select the service (Genetic Testing) and the specific test(s) the patient needs
STEP 3. Complete “consent to share information”
STEP 4. Complete patient information
Required Patient Information:
- Demographic information: Name, date of birth, address, phone & email
- Diagnosis/Medical condition
- Insurance information – copy of card must be faxed or scanned
- Income information – income verification form(s) must be faxed or scanned into the application
STEP 5. Complete patient medical condition/diagnosis (search and select) [prevention codes listed
STEP 6. Select the Laboratory where the patient sample will be sent
STEP 7. Complete verification statements
Application status will be sent by email as soon as application has been reviewed.