Cancer1Source has partnered with NeedyMeds since 2010. Through this partnership we are able to provide patients with access to costly medications during their cancer journey.
NeedyMeds is a national non-profit organization that maintains a website of free information on programs that help people who can't afford medications and healthcare costs. More than 1.3 million patients, family members, healthcare professionals, social workers and patient advocates use the NeedyMeds website each year. They regularly update data on over 9,000 assistance programs, 15,000 free/low-cost/sliding scale clinics and nearly 1,500 drug discount coupons. They also publish information about resources for specific diseases. All their information is accessible online, at no charge and without registration. NeedyMeds relies on six sources of financial support:
- License fees for organizations' use of their databases
- Sales of PAPTracker software, that helps clinics simplify Patient Assistance Program application processes
- A small transaction fee on every use of the free NeedyMeds drug discount card
- Thoroughly reviewed supporting partners on their website
- Fees from pharmaceutical companies for call center and application processing services
- Corporate and individual donations
NeedyMeds provides a free drug discount card that offers a discount of up to 80% at more than 65,000 pharmacies nationwide. Anyone can use the card regardless of income level or insurance status and no registration is required. The same card can be used by friends and family members to save on prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs and medical supplies written on a prescription form, and pet prescription drugs purchased at a pharmacy.
Visit their website to learn more.